Join Our Team
MEAG Power is solely focused on serving the needs of our 49 Participant public power communities. We rely on our team of talented individuals with diverse skills and backgrounds to accomplish our mission: to deliver to our Participants advantages that combine to ensure long-term success.
Our employees share common values and work within a professional, collegial culture in support of this mission.
We encourage a diverse and inclusive workplace and are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected under federal, state or local law.
MEAG Power participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification (E-Verify) program as required by Federal and State law. Our federally issued user identification number is 347433 and was issued July 30, 2010.
Enhance our relationship with our customers by exceeding their expectations.
Conduct business in a fair, honest and ethical manner.
Continually strive for improvement and challenge the status quo.
Seek out and value different opinions, support others and work together to achieve what
is best for the Participants and MEAG Power.
Protect our Participants’ physical and financial assets. Meet our contractual, environmental, and regulatory responsibilities. Provide a challenging and rewarding work environment for all our employees.
Work enthusiastically with a sense of urgency. Seek out opportunities to help others.
See what our diverse workforce of talented employees have to say about what it’s like to be a part of the MEAG Power family.
Transmission Systems Administrator III
I’ve worked for MEAG Power for six years and it’s truly the best job I’ve ever had. I knew that this company was different when our department head showed up to one of my powerlifting competitions on a Saturday for no other reason than to cheer me on. I’m especially impressed with how committed everyone in the organization is to supporting each other’s family commitments.
As with any job, you get out of it what you put into it. But at MEAG, I’ve always felt that my supervisors and managers were personally invested in my success. Every week I get opportunities to do work that’s interesting and has a real impact on people’s lives. There’s nothing like getting emails from a mayor at one of our cities thanking you for helping to restore the power to their community after a major storm.
Working in the MTMC is truly a team effort unlike any other job I’ve ever had. Every single day, MEAG employees prove that you can get a lot done. It’s a relaxed but professional atmosphere and I’m proud of what we accomplish here.
Director of Information Services
I started my career 19 years ago with MEAG as a Senior Developer in the Information Services group. What first stood out to me was the clear mission of the company. I felt that I was in a boat where everyone is rowing in the same direction. The organization is filled with talented, dedicated and friendly people. The work is challenging while still providing a great work/life balance. Even after my many years I still feel like I’m learning each day.
Senior Regional Manager
I’ve been with MEAG Power 3 years. What I enjoy most about working at MEAG Power is the people. Not only the people who work at MEAG Power but also the people that I get to interact with in the cities as part of my job. As a Regional Manager I have the distinct pleasure of working with every department in our company and visiting with Participants to discuss various topics. It is rare today to find a company that treats their employees like family and not like a number – here at MEAG Power we are treated like family. This treatment is certainly a factor in why we have employees who have been with the company for decades – our turnover is very low. People truly enjoy their jobs and feel that they are making a difference and contributing to a common goal of helping our Participants succeed and thrive.
I began my engineering studies with the overwhelming desire to work in the power industry. I knew to accomplish this I would need to work a co-op or internship but was concerned that I’d be making coffee or scanning documents rather than doing anything power-related. When I was given the opportunity to co-op at MEAG Power, I went in with uncertainty but everyone expressed only encouragement toward me and my burgeoning career. They always took time to answer questions, teach me, and include me in projects.
I never felt as if I were just another “co-op student.” I felt part of a family; a close-knit group of coworkers resembling friends more than colleagues. I left MEAG Power upon my graduation to pursue other ventures, but the urge to return never diminished. Nowhere else did I witness an organization with so much heart for its employees and Participants. It’s truly special.
Earlier this year I got my wish when I joined MEAG Power full-time as a substation engineer.
Click the job title below to view details about our current open positions.
The System Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, support, and monitoring of Infrastructure systems and software. They will build knowledge in various technologies, diagnose and resolve issues quickly across the technology stack, and create/maintain documentation of these systems and IT policies.
- Lead the day-to-day operational support for physical and virtual servers, networking infrastructure, various IT software, and security tools.
- Provide Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, and DNS management. Manage user identity including SSO, MFA, and password management.
- Build servers and install software per application requirements. Install hardware components and perform server upgrades.
- Perform, maintain and monitor data protection/recovery operations to ensure backup data integrity and availability for disaster recovery and failover.
- Perform software/firmware upgrades of infrastructure systems to improve security and functionality.
- Configure security settings for software systems per security best practices. Configure user/role access permissions based on the least privilege security model.
- Serve as a tier-1 escalation resource for the help desk and serve as a bridge to resolve complex infrastructure, software and security issues.
- Create and maintain documentation, processes and troubleshooting procedures for systems/networks, security, software and hardware.
- Provide support to business/application owners and work with external vendors/service providers to build integrations and troubleshoot issues to ensure functionality.
- Configure and maintain monitoring of infrastructure systems and services to ensure rapid and accurate alerting, problem discovery and resolution leading to improved system uptime.
- Provide assistance and/or oversite for more meetings requiring more complex audio/visual scenarios.
- Other duties as assigned.
Under general supervision, develops, implements, evaluates, and maintains various annual, monthly, and hourly billing related data, subsidiary ledgers, analyses, and systems. Prepares actual to billing performance reports and other related statistical analyses. Prepares documentation supporting billing policies and monthly billing procedures. Participates in the coordination of billing process and system updates with information systems department.Apply Here
Under direct supervision, oversees and performs activities related to the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of all hardware and software systems within Operational Technology. These systems include the SCADA/Energy Management System (EMS), Oracle Database, Substation Security, and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), and SEL TEAM systems. Provides technical assistance/consulting to other departments within MEAG and to all of MEAG’s forty-nine (49) Participants.Apply Here
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will assist in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment by performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, flooring, painting, and mechanical repair work.Apply Here
The CFO reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The CFO manages an organization of 32 directors, managers, and professionals through Directors of Accounting, Financial Reporting & Billing; Financial Planning & Analysis; and Treasury & Finance.
Senior Vice President of Finance/Chief Financial Officer Requirements
- A Bachelor of Science in an applicable field, such as accounting, business, economics, or other related disciplines is required. A Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), CPA or advanced degree in similarly related fields is desired.
- Progressive senior executive level leadership experience in energy, finance, or banking with electric utility experience, especially public power, providing comparable services in an organization of similar size, scope, and complexity.
- A successful track record in leading debt issuance and management, especially tax-exempt debt.
- Proven experience as a collaborative consensus builder, mentor, and team player. Proven successes in building credibility with senior and peer executives, subordinates, and external stakeholders such as financial advisors, Rating Agencies, Underwriters, Bond Counsels, and etc.
- Experience interacting with and presenting to a governing body.
- Demonstrated and respected success in contributing to long-term strategic and business planning processes and products that integrate competitive rate development, power resources, renewable energy alternatives, and multi-year fiscal planning and management.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills including excellent oral and written communication talents are essential. He or she must be able to convey complex technical and industry issues to lay people.
For those interested in applying for this position;
Internal Candidates – current employees that are interested in applying for this role please click on link below to access the MEAG Power Career Center via ADP.
External Candidates – if you are interested in applying for this role please contact Joyce Ann Gallo at Mycoff, Fry Partners, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 525-9082.Apply Here
This position performs under general supervision and assists in preparing MEAG Power’s Annual System Budget (ASB), Participant’s Budgets, Purchase Power Agreement (PPA) Budgets and multi-year forecasts for use by MEAG Power Management, Participants, PPA customers, rating agencies and consultants. This position is also responsible for the documentation of procedures and the systems necessary to prepare and administer the budget process.Apply Here
The Construction Superintendent position has the responsibility of supervision, coordination and contract administration for the maintenance and construction of assigned substation and transmission lines. Advises manager and engineers on maintenance, construction progress, contractors and inspectors on project revisions and status necessary for the timely completion and operation of projects. Works with Purchasing to expedite material deliveries in support of construction schedules and system operations and other duties associated with meeting construction deadlines. The Construction Superintendent is responsible for employment issues and performance appraisals of direct reports.Apply Here
Creates designs for new transmission lines and modifications of existing transmission lines. Participates in route selection, public meetings, surveying of routes, environmental reviews, and construction support. Has input into transmission line standards, project schedules, and project budgets. Creates grading plans, performs structural analyses, and performs other civil engineering activities in support of substation design.Apply Here
Administers records management program in daily and routine operations. Assists and supports Manager, Information Governance in policy and procedure development and implementation. Assists and collaborates with MEAG stakeholders and records customers to answer records and information questions and to fulfill records requests. Develops and maintain high standard of proficiency with enterprise records software.Apply Here
Monitor MEAG Power’s transmission and distribution system using a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (“SCADA”) system and assist in resolving the problems identified with SCADA including having direct communication with MEAG Power’s customers. Monitors, evaluates and approves short-term requests for transmission service over the internet using an Open Access Same-time Information System (“OASIS”). Timely approves transactions that use MEAG Power’s transmission system using an internet based electronic tagging system.Apply Here
Under general direction of a substation engineer, use accepted practices to prepare documents such as drawings and bills of materials which are used to build, operate and maintain electric power substations. Works primarily from verbal instructions or notes, in close support of the substation engineer and other designers. The key responsibilities for both physical and controls designers, along with other position details, can be found by clicking Apply Here.Apply Here